Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Valentine’s Day


After so many years, this is the first time that I’ll be celebrating V-Day with a “special someone”.

I normally spend V-Day with my close friends watching movies then eating dinner or vice versa.

It’s always, 101% like that.

Before, my friends and I joked about sending flowers and chocolates amongst ourselves (but we did not pursue the plan after we realized how very pathetic it is).

I’ve enjoyed their company but there will really come a time when you’ll ask yourself silly questions (I’ve seen this as part of the mid-20s crisis):

Why don’t I have a boyfriend and how come others have?

Is there anything wrong with me?

Am I too nice? Am I too snobbish or Am I just not a girlfriend material?

Are my standards sooo high (I just want a God-fearing, faithful, patient and understanding guy; one with a good sense of humor, book and street smart as well; tall, not whiter than me, one who does not have a wedding ring – in short single; with perfectly great hands – I so love soft hands) or it fits no one at all?

Sigh…

During this time, I’ve prayed really hard to give me somebody who will love me truly; somebody who could bear with my mood, jealousy and childlike-thoughts and acts; somebody who’ll understand me; someone who could make me smile and make my sadness fade away…

I know am not asking for too much.

Then, my prayer was answered.

I met this guy.

He’s working in the same company.

He’s seems nice.

And the story began…

Am no longer a NBSB (No Boyfriend since Birth).

The KitKat Story

I’ve met him in the office.

He’s a good friend of a friend and her husband as well.

I’ve seen him at several birthday occasions.

He’s a shy guy; he’s not that tall with fair complexion, blonde hair and green eyes (if he’ll read this, he’ll be very happy; Note: Narcissistic tendencies).

There was a time when he spent a whole day in the office (he works in one of our shops) because he’ll be assigned in a new one so he has to prepare the things that he need.

I noticed that he has such deep thoughts and outlook in life.

I found that interesting.

Hmmm…

Plus he looks smart…

Another sigh…

Then, I realized that I have a crush on him.

One day when I was on morning shift, I was able to sit beside him in the van with my “fresh from the shower, super wet hair”, I said to myself “What a turn off… Dyahe…Grrrr”…

He smells good, I was thinking what perfume he’s using.

Then he offered me KitKat, the one with Caramel and Nuts (I have good memories when it comes to things like this).

Though am not hungry, the mere fact that my crush offered me food; am going to accept it with all my heart (Haha! Imagine the “kilig” moments during High School).

I said “Thanks” and then headed to the office with a wide smile even if I was not able to sleep well the night before.

Then that evening, we can hear the music from his room.

My room mate called and asked him if he can lower it down and he said “OK, I’ll put handset na lang…”

He was referring to a headset and all of us were laughing.

I sent him a SMS and he replied back.

Then he asked me one day if we can go out, I agreed.

I learned so much about him.

We had coffee, talked about life and stuffs that we like and dislike.

Then we’ve been a couple a few days after.

Nine Months

It was our “Ninth Monthsary” the other day (whew…).

Honestly, I did not expect it to last that long (like what I mentioned earlier, with my mood and childlike-acts) but here we are, we had spent nine happy months and still counting.

I am hoping to spend more days, months or even years with him (hopefully).

Never did I imagine that I’ll have a boyfriend especially here and somebody from different culture and religion but that’s the irony of love: you’ll get the opposite of what you had wished for and at the end of the day, you’ll realize that what you got/received is better.

We fight about little things: it’s part of the relationship, but at the end of the day we’ll be ok.

God is really good.

Despite my experiences with love, He had given me not only much but more; I can say it’s worth it that I had waited for him.

I may have had not-so good experiences before with all the heartaches and the pain that I had nursed for years; I deeply thank God for “sending him my way”.

He may not be the “Romeo” or the “Prince Charming” that I had dreamed of, but what I had seen in him is more.

This V-day is one of the happiest days of my life: I am with him: no amount of chocolates, flowers or gifts can ever be compared to that.

Yes I’m lucky, but I’d rather say that I am blessed.


P. S.

I had written this one 2 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment