Sunday, March 27, 2011

Christian Louboutin


I was watching the "Covert Affairs" with Bugsy (nickname for my boyfriend these past few days)when the Pink Louboutin's caught my eye. The main character who is a CIA agent posed as a Call Girl and was wearing these very nice pair of stilettos as part of her get up.

Then the morning after on CNN's program, they are featuring Christian Louboutin! It must be a sign that I definitely have to grab myself a pair!

Christian Louboutin used to sneak out of his classes to see "The Showgirls" when he was young. He did not finish school and had started to make his own name in the shoe business. The Showgirls had been his inspiration - their heels, the long legs and their "character".

His shoes are known for the red-lacquered soles. His designs include the flats and low heeled ones, stilettos - the one he is very well-known for. His shoes had been to several Red Carpet events in Hollywood - Oscars, Golden Globe, etc.; his shoes had walked many runways; his shoes had found their way even in the politicians' wives' closets. His hardwork really paid off and his story is such an inspiration.

They say buying a good pair of shoes, let me say branded ones, is really an investment. The most expensive one I got was from Nine West during their Sale at more than USD 100. It's a black one, heels are at 2 inches and has a strap at the back. I barely wear it nowadays as I prefer to wear the one with kitty heels.

I admit, I am a shoe-addict too.

I remember a good friend who has lots of shoes. We share this passion. We would normally head directly to the shoes section in the mall and spend time trying on different pairs. We follow the 3 Cs on buying shoes: They should be Chic, Comfy and Cheap. Though sometimes, we reward ourselves and get pricey ones but not always.

As Cosmo Magazine puts it, even Carrie Bradshaw and Cinderella are shoe lovers.

Who would not know Cinderella's love story and the glass slippers? (I dreamed of having one too when I was young.)

And who could forget Carrie Bradshaw's room full of shoes? (Oh, how I wish I could have one...)

Wearing heels makes me feel sexy, powerful and confident.

I love wearing them with a pair of jeans for a laid back style or with a skinny pair of slacks for the office.

Here are some of the Louboutin's that I love and wish to have (yeah, please let me dream even for the moment).

This one is perfect for the office. Pair it with a skirt or slacks. :)



This would look great with a pair of skinny jeans.



The "Carrie Bradshaw Stilettos". I've seen it on the SATC 2.

Remember the "Covert Affairs" girl?

Let your eyes feast on more, you may visit www.christianlouboutin.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment