Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thanks VCF!

I can’t forget that day; it was a bright September morning when my friend and I, rushed in the room full of people: teen-agers, old people, middle-aged.

We chose to sit at the front row, left side of the room.

The band is already playing a song and all the people are singing and rejoicing.

I found an envelope on the seat and wondered what I should do with it.

That was the first time, I “met” the Pastor - he looks young and I learned that he’s a pastor in the Kid’s church.

Another Pastor stepped on the stage, and asked us to bow our heads and pray; he then read some verses from the Bible and explained how it relates to the theme for that week.

I was really moved by the verses that were read that day; all of them seemed to hit me bull’s eye.

That was a tough time for me: am confused with my feelings for a friend; stressed out at work; tired of all the expectations from my family; confused of what I really want in life; I left my job and stopped school because of what I thought, would be the best decision that I can make, to work in a greener pasture but I found out that it’s not that easy; I encountered some problems and that made me think a hundred times;

And I found myself crying…

From that time on, I always attend “The Gathering” even if my friends can’t come and I need to go alone.

I always cry every time I hear the readings from the Bible… every time I hear the Pastor’s teachings and examples… every time I hear the songs of praises; every time an unknown person who sits beside me would pray for me…

Now, I realized that I really missed out a lot…

A lot of time that I did not spend with my family, friends and most of all with God…

But still He has been good to me…

I went to “The Gathering” and the Pastor said, “Just pray to Him and be it known that He’ll only give you 3 answers: Yes, No and Wait”.

I cried a lot that time… I didn’t care if people are looking at me; I didn’t care if my make-up would be a mess; I didn’t care if I’ll lose my contact lenses.

after that, I gathered myself together and looked for another job.

He’s great! He gave me another one in a week's time!

I am very thankful… to my friends who changed my ways and views on going to Church and reading the Bible and helped me know Him a little more and build a closer relationship with Him… those people who helped me to have faith in Him…

Just like that line in a Teleserye, “if you don’t have Faith, what else can you hold on to?’

But most of all, I am very thankful to Him…

I realized that I am very lucky to meet Him this time; I don’t know how to thank Him because He has given me more that what I’d asked for…

Am trying to attend every “Gathering”, every activity that I can.

I now have a different view in Life; I did change a lot; I learned the most valuable lessons in Life and I’m still willing to learn…

Now, (let me change a statement made by an actor) I’m not only a Lady; not only a Leader; not only a Sister; not only a good Friend… also a CHRISTIAN!

P.S.

I had written this articled last December 12, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment