Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Project 333 - July until September 2016

Photo is from Be More with Less. Thanks Courtney for coming up with such a fun and life-changing project. 

Hello there! 

Are you struggling to choose which ones to wear, trying on a few looks before finally deciding which one to step out into? 

We are lucky and thankful enough to have lots of options however, it would also be a whole lot easier to have a shorter list. 

My best friend had introduced me to the Project 333 and doing a capsule wardrobe. 

It is basically choosing 33 items for one's total look. 

To know the full details, you may check them here

Yes, you heard it right: only 33 key pieces. 

Come to think of it, it seems impossible, but I will tell you, it is a LOT already. 

I am one those who loves to shop: the sale season, the thrill of going from one shop to the other, ending up with a whole lot of stuffs which I don't practically need (imagining the first few scenes of Confessions of a Shopaholic). 

Then, it suddenly hit me: Is it really economical? Is it really what I want? Is it really what I need? 

I had taken on this challenge personally since I need to free up some space and need to save up for far more important things instead of spending on unimportant ones. 

Let me tell you what I have done to start off. 

1 - I had nearly emptied my closet. I live with 3 cats so I hope you can imagine that taking them all out is not that easy. 

2 - Donate, Keep, Toss. I made 3 piles of clothes: ones that I need, ones that I can give out and the ones that are very worn out. I ended up with 3 full bags of clothes which I had donated already. I had sold some pieces before as well: some with tags and some I had worn only once or twice. 

3 - Choose wisely. Like what Courtney said, it is a great chance to discover your personal style. I love simplicity. I sometimes love a pop of color especially when I do feel under the weather. 

4 - Mixing and Matching is the key. I had chosen pieces that I can easily wear with each other. I had chosen tops that I can wear with jeans, shirts that I can wear with a blazer and the like. 

5 - Choice of bags. I do love big bags so I had decided to include my favorites in my first 3 months. 

Below are the ones that I had included in my list:

Jeans and Trousers - a total of 7 which includes 4 office trousers and 3 pairs of jeans 
Footwear - a total of 7 which includes mostly of flats and only a pair of black heels 
Tops and Shirts - a total of 15 pieces. I have added a mix of long sleeves for work wear, a black blazer and some shirts for dress-down days 
Bags - I have chosen 4 bags for the office and for quick runs to the groceries or coffee break 

Are you up to the challenge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment