Saturday, July 16, 2016

DIY: Revived Lip Balm

Lip Balm. Revived. 

I had bought this Wild Argan Lip Balm from The Body Shop hoping that it would help soothe my wind burn. 

It did not end well: the result was even tragic. 

My lips chapped and became very dry and flaky. 

I cannot resist not removing the skin and there I was with a bloody upper lip, literally. 

I had been using the moisturizing balm from them and it was great so I think this Wild Argan thing is not really meant for me. 

Since I had decluttered my makeup bag/box, I don't want to have this almost full balm away. 

Thanks to Pinterest I found a way to at least "revive" it. 

I emptied it out in a glass jar, added a table spoon of petroleum jelly in cocoa, a few drops of olive oil and a generous amount of almond oil. 

I chopped off a bit of my fave pink lipstick to add a little tint. 

I placed the jar in a shallow pan with boiling water to melt and mix everything up.

Just after five minutes of stirring, everything have melted. 

Then, I had placed it back on the original tiny tin container and put it in the fridge to harden up for approximately 15 minutes. 

Tada! 

I have my lip balm once again. 

Surprisingly, it is now working well with my lips, so goodbye, wind burn! 


No comments:

Post a Comment