Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Make Up and Beauty Capsule




Maybe you have come across my post on Project 333 - a way on decluttering your closet and your life. 

While looking out for some cool new pins on Pinterest, I bumped into this pin on a Makeup Capsule. 

Yes, I am also guilty of having a lot of lipsticks, palettes, etc. - mostly drugstore make up though, but I have a lot. 

Sometimes, I have the urge to buy a lot of body butter, nail polish, a lot of lippies in different shades which had only expired and are barely used. 

Talk about a waste of money! 

A big sigh. 

Nonetheless, I am ready to move on. 

I had given away my barely used make up to my friends when I had gotten home a few months back; thrown all the expired ones and maintain only the basic ones that I think I really need. 

I have started off The Minimalism Game  with the Project 333, mainly with my closet (I don't have a Carry Bradshaw closet or that of Rebecca Bloomwood, but mine is almost bursting), and will move to the other parts of the house and my life soon, little by little, so I don't get overwhelmed. 

Parting with stuffs that you got attached to is hard at first: tossing out your worn out jeans or the bag that you really liked before, or the make up that you got during the yearend sale, and the list goes on. 

But believe me, it's going to be worth it, I believe so. 

After a few hours of sorting everything out, these are the only ones I had kept: 

- Garnier Facial Scrub 
- Olay Moisturizer - I've been using it for years 
- Clinique Mask - I am using it at least once a week 
- Garnier Micellar Water - a cleanser and makeup remover in one 
- Facial Cleanser 
- The Balm Voyage Palette - I loooveeee this palette. You can rock different looks with only this palette. 
- 3 Lippies: Pink Dior Lipstick, Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me, Loreal Lipstick in Toasted Brown 
- The Body Shop Shea Butter Lipbalm 
- Loreal Eyeliner 
- Loreal Eyebrow Pencil 
- Loreal Powder Foundation 
- Loreal True Match Foundation 
- Maybelline BB Cream 
- Guerlain Blush On and Highlighter 
- Maybelline Mascara 
- a set of Royal Langnickel Make Up Brush 
- 2 Bottles of Lotion (I cannot live without this)
- a jar of Cocoa Vaseline Petroleum Jelly 
- Bench Body Spray and Colonges (am not really a big fan of perfumes)

That's basically it and am hoping that I can still reduce and not add more on this list. 

Am also thinking of using DIY products pretty soon. 

Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment