Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy National Day, Qatar!


It was 5:00 AM this morning when I had started moving and preparing myself.

For almost 4 years of staying here in Qatar, I’ve never watched the parade during the National Day.

Thanks God, I was able to go this time around.

I was supposed to come with my friends from the office but Hamude decided to go with me too.

I was thrilled as I want to watch the Air Show wherein they showcase their fighter jets and do stunts and exhibitions in the air.

At 6:00 AM, we headed to Corniche.

Luckily, Hamude and I were able to find a parking slot which is almost a 20-minute walk to the security check in.

I came in first and had waited for Hamude for almost 30 minutes.

Security was tight and we were thankful for that.

There are lots of people lined up on the streets and sitting on the bleachers waiting for the parade to start.

It was a fantastic one!

The members of the Ruling Family came in and they are of course riding luxurious cars.

The members of the police and army were also included.

There were kids who were included in the parade.

There were men riding horses and camels of course!

Men also came in riding parachutes and the Air Show was good even if it was a little cloudy.

Here are some of the photos that I luckily got:






The experience was quite good. The weather was nice – not too cold. No commotions or misbehavior or whatsoever.

I am so blessed and thankful to have witnessed this event.

I would like to watch the Fireworks Display but with the traffic, I won’t be able to come.

Anyways, there is always the next year!

Again to my second home – home away from home, my bread and butter and my meal ticket – Happy National Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment