Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mid-Year Resolution

I was meaning to write a New Year’s resolution but I never got the chance to do one.

Now, in the middle of the night, my mind had kept on wondering what would this year be for me.

Last year was a good one as I would like to put it.

On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give it a 3.5.

I was home for my first-ever vacation and caught up with the stories of my family whom I dearly missed.

I met some old friends and made new ones.

I had shots of “Squeeze Me” and “Bad Trip”.

I had a shopping spree in Divisoria.

I wandered the air-conditioned malls and department stores.

Me and a friend joined a bazaar and learned a valuable lesson – never do business whenever Manny Pacquiao has a fight.

Then came the New Year.

The start of the year wasn’t good.

I had some issues regarding my personal life and Thanks God as I had the courage and positivism to go through them all, of course with prayers and the support of family and friends.

I was sad and stressed out and had relied on the positivism that I still have.

My Dad had a heart attack last Valentine’s Day and stayed in the Intensive Care Unit for sometime.

God is good as I had applied and was approved for a loan in a bank thus I was able to clear up the hospital bills and support my Dad’s medication.

My Grandmother passed away and I had decided not to go as I am thinking of the expenses and had chosen to be practical.

I had really been tested this year and I know that I can pass them all through God’s help.

I would like to achieve my specific goals this year.

Be Healthy and Gain a Little Weight

My boyfriend would normally tell me how I am scary thin and I wish to gain a little weight.

I will need to eat a lot and build some muscles – Yes! Muscles, that’s why I am doing these weights stuffs.

Invest and Save

I had been looking for something wherein I can invest my little money as my expenses are growing – 2 of my brothers are in college, my Dad has continuous medication, my younger brother is also in school and my Mom cannot leave my Dad alone anymore because of his condition.

Yes, I am a proud breadwinner of the family.

I was thinking of franchising but it would require a lot of work and since I am away it would be a little harder then I came across Cosmo Magazine.

There was an article on how some people and celebrities had acquired their first million.

There were suggestions on how to invest your money and I had immediately prepared the requirements and applied as an online stock broker – I shall write a separate entry on this one later on.

I had started packing my lunch or bringing food to the office religiously so that I don’t have to order food.

Hopefully, I can earn and save enough this year.

Travel.

It has always been one of my dreams: spending your hard-earned money on something that you would treasure your whole life.

I wish to see other countries.

I want to go to Hongkong Disneyland maybe or Brazil for the World Cup if God permits.

Inspire.

Sometimes, envy, though it is a bad thing, comes and challenges me.

I envy those people who were able to bring change and affect other people’s lives.

I shall do my best to be a very good example to my siblings and hopefully I could lead them to a good path.

Way back in college, my professors would usually ask us to write down our expected grades for the courses during the start of the semester and there was one professor who was different.

She said; write down the grade that you would like to work for; the same thing for my Mid-Year’s Resolution.

I had opted to write down things that I would like to work on really hard – of sweat, sleepless nights, and early mornings and long working hours, instead of writing things that I wish, just wish to achieve.

I shall get the better of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment