Monday, May 16, 2011

A Fishy Day

A friend and I had gone to the Fish Market here in Doha last Saturday.

We have to leave early so that it will not be too hot when we travel.

It’s about 20 mins away from where I stay.

The place was huge.

There are many trucks outside the market and there are stalls selling different kinds of fishes, vegetables and fruits.

We had a great time haggling with the vendors.

The goods there are really cheaper compared to the grocery inside the mall so I bought stuffs that I think will last us for 2 weeks.

I tried different recipes.

You may try on the below.

“Sinaing na Isda”


It is simply cooking the fish in vinegar and fish sauce.

Just put the fish inside a pot.

Put in sliced garlic and ginger.

Pour in proportioned amount of vinegar and fish sauce.

Add a little pepper and let it simmer for around 15 to 30 minutes.

Do not stir once the vinegar is in.

Remove from heat once you have the desired amount of the “sauce”.

Ginataang Tilapia



Fry the tilapia first then set it aside.

Saute onions and garlic then add the coconut milk.

I had used the instant coconut milk powder and dissolved it in hot water.

Let it simmer then add in the fried fish.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

You may also add pechay (green leafy vegetable) and remove from fire once the leaves are cooked.

Cheese Sticks



Since I need to be snacking in, I had prepared my own cheese sticks.

I had seen pastry sheets and got some cheddar cheese.

I simply sliced the cheese thinly then wrapped it.

It just needs to be fried at very low heat so that the cheese will not be burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment