Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Schuester


Meet our cat, Schuester.

He is a Turkish Van and is one year and 3 months old.

We adopted him from a lady who works with an NGO here in Doha.

Their group takes care of abandoned pets and then they look for new pet owners.

I named him after the character in Glee, the American TV Series, Mr. Will Schuester.

Schu has a brother who was then adopted by a friend and we named him Sylvester.

Schu wants to play and cuddle a lot.

Whenever I and Hamode are sitting together, he would come to us meowing and sit on our laps too.

He is the jealous type, I can say.

We had gone through a lot.

I fought with him before and let him go out of the flat.

I know it was so mean of me, but that time, something snapped at me and all I know was I can no longer take care of him.

Having a pet is not just as simple as having one.

One should also be responsible and is willing to give him time, can look after his health, feed him on time, bathe him at least once a month, make sure that his nails are not too long and the list goes on and I thought that I am not fit to give all of these.

He was missing for 2 days and Hamode was looking for him.

Then one night, when I arrived in our building, I saw Schu sitting by the main door: he was like waiting for me.

I was a little teary-eyed and I carried him back to my room and gave him shower and food.

His color was a little lighter because of the sun.

He was staying again with me from that moment on.

His favorite past time: sleeping and watching near the window for the birds that are dropping by.

I love him, but I admit, Hamode loves him more.

Schu accompanied me when I was staying alone in my flat.

During my sad times and whenever he sees me cry, he would come near me and kiss me like saying that everything’s going to be fine.

I am praying to God will continue to let him stay with us as long as he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment