Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Iftar

I’ve been looking forward to Ramadan not solely because of the shortened working hours and a bit of rest but because of the food or dishes that we have to prepare or cook for Iftar or the meal after the prayer when the sun sets.

To be honest, I can cook but not too much of the Arabic dishes so it is Hamode who is cooking.

Yes, he can cook – with the help of the internet and his friend who can cook well.

This Ramadan, he is the Chef and I am the official dishwasher most of the time.

He cooked this one. It is Beef with Mixed Veggies in Lemon Sauce.

This one is Rice with Chicken in Curry.

"Kibba" - not sure if I had spelled it correctly. It has meet inside and rolled into sesame seeds then deeply fried.

"Sambosa" - we have it in cheese and chicken.

Hmmm...

I am very positive that I shall learn cooking these by the end of Ramadan.

What's your favorite dish during this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment