Sunday, December 17, 2017

Less Bitter...More Glitter..


Whoa! 

I've been on hiatus! Where was I? 

The past months were quite busy and am trying to gain my traction back. 

Here are just some of the things that I was occupied about: 

1 - Work as always is challenging. 

2 - I have managed to finish my New Enterprise Planning course from University of the Philippines Open University with Distinction! 

3 - I had finished another batch of IELTS Review class in a Social Enterprise school, however, I will be sitting the next one out. 

4 - Housework and Wife Duties of course! 

Well, to be honest, I was feeling a bit lost these past few days - was feeling out of direction and believe that I have to recalibrate my compass. 

There are days when I feel so down and days when I am extremely happy - talk about a rollercoaster ride of emotions. 

Things are just simply overwhelming earlier - final paper was due, a new project had started and then the review class is there too - and I was exhausted. Freakin' exhausted! 

Alhamdullilah, we got two days off because of the National Day. 

I got to "chillax" today: I was just lying on the couch, watching series on Netflix (so far I have watched Victoria and two Dragon Ball Z Movie, and some Phryne Fisher), devouring Dandy's Chocolate Ice Cream Bites and some potato chips. 

It is a well-deserved break indeed! 

Tomorrow, I will have to go to the office for couple of hours maybe and head back home again. 

Well, I was able to think and contemplate too in the morning and I am just relieved that I can do the same in the next coming Friday mornings since I won't have classes. 

Oh, how I miss my mornings - just sipping my coffee and enjoying breakfast; the quietness and empty streets! 

After much thought, I have found ways to relieve my stress: 

1 - Deleted social media apps on my phone. 

Yes, I had formed a habit of waking up and browsing directly on Facebook or Instagram. 

It is not healthy nor productive for me at all so I have decided to remove my apps and have just installed them today until tomorrow. 

I had also unfollowed a lot of people, pages that are just distractions. 

If it is not a source of happiness or inspiration then it is not worth having. 

2 - Exercise 

A simple stretching exercise will do. I hope I can keep up. 

3 - Added a Motivation Playlist and New RNB Songs on my YouTube playlist. 

I am listening to the motivation videos everyday. 

The RNB Songs keep my blood pumping especially that I have to start working before 6AM and did I mention that the weather is brrrrr cold here now? 

4 - Do not compare yourself to others. 

This was a great source of my depression previously. And I am thankful to online articles that I was able to read mentioning that one should not compare one's situation to that of others. Instead, compare it to yourself - you should be better than that of your old self. 

Having accepted that, I started to feel relieved and positive. 

5 - Develop a healthy habit. 

One article I've read said that one can stick to one thing and keep on doing that over and over again. 

Am just proud to say that I had developed the habit of sleeping and waking up early every single day, even if it is my day off. 

Waking up early actually gives me a head start - I can plan my activities for the day without being overwhelmed. 

6 - Live the moment. 

At times, we are always preoccupied of what are the things that has to be done, about future plans etc.  and we normally forget living and enjoying the moment! 

So I am learning to live slowly and enjoy every moment - my cup of coffee, my travel going to the office, the quick office breaks and small stuffs. 

7 - Be Positive. Be Grateful. 

I am guilty of having emotional outbursts. 

There was a time when I did not let a somewhat complaining team mate pass. 

I know work can sometimes be tedious and a lot however, it is not a reason for someone to be a chronic complainer. 

I told her that if she has any complaints tell me directly and not her seat mate. 

Well, not everyone is grateful - especially with the current situation, I am constantly reminding myself to be thankful for each and every opportunity that comes. 

I am always telling myself that I am way farther from where I used to be and I know I can go further - Inshallah. 

8 - Minimize Physical Things 

Have you read about Minimalism? 

I had given it a try with the Project 333 and I am liking it. 

The main idea of getting rid of stuffs that do not serve their purpose anymore is already de-stressing in itself. 

I would write more about it soon. 

To wrap up, I want to add more glam, glitter in my daily life - discover more about things and experience a whole lot more. 

Like what my new mantra says, "Life is too short to be mad or sad or feel bad. Live life with less bitter and more glitter". 



No comments:

Post a Comment