Friday, November 1, 2013

Logos Hope

 

 
Aww, this is a long due post.
 
I wasn’t able to go when this “famous ship” with the books was here some time ago.
 
I am not quite sure if it’s the same ship or what.
 
At last, my friends and I made our way to Doha Port at around 4 PM.
 
The line is already quite long but bearable.
 
We got the tickets for Qr 2 each and has to present our Qatar IDs for verification.
 
Our bags were also scanned for security purposes.
 
We waited for a few minutes for the buses to come as we are not allowed to go inside the port on
 
private vehicles.
 
The bus ride is cool, it’s my first time to actually ride one here in Doha!
 
There is a police convoy while we headed to the port.
 
The ship is enormous!
 
Can you believe that all the staff/crew of the ship are volunteers for at least 1 or 2 years?
 
They are quite warm and friendly too!
 
When we arrived, we were asked to watch a short presentation about the ship, the organization, the
 
crews, etc.
 
They do have vast collections of books at very affordable prices.
 
I was able the buy some new ones and got a free eco bag with it.
 
They also have a space for kids who would want to play for a while.
 
There’s also a cafeteria serving some snacks.
 
Want to see what I got?
 
Here they are:

Cat Lover

Books for a cause. Definitely!
I won’t mind visiting the ship again!
 
It’s truly a great way to encourage people to read!
 
For sure, they will be back.
 photo singature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment