Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Goodies from the Philippines

My cousin had just returned to Doha from an almost a month's vacation in the Philippines. 


I am so thankful as she was able to bring me some stuffs from my Mom as she lives near our place too! 


These are the things I had received and that even made me more excited to go home for a vacation next year! 

Suman sa Lihiya 
It's been almost 3 years since I had eaten this one.

It's basically made from "Malagkit" (glutinous rice) mixed with drops of Lihiya (a syrup that makes it somehow green).

These are wrapped in banana leaves and then cooked in a big pot of boiling water.

The syrup is made from muscovado sugar and coconut milk.

Itlog na Maalat 
Salted eggs are also amongst my favorite.

I usually slice tomatoes and onions and eat it with rice.

Polvoron 
And the ever famous Polvoron from Goldilocks! 

Dried Fish 
I love to eat this one with fried rice and sunny side up eggs.

Wheeeeww!

I always leave the windows open and spray lots of air freshener, if not, our neighbors would knock our doors and complain about the smell - unfortunately, they hate the smell.

Boy Bawang 
It's basically corn -the flavored ones.

Enough to satisfy my salty cravings.



No comments:

Post a Comment