Friday, October 28, 2011

VCF Reflections

It was my friend France, Pogi, (we used to call each other as “Pogi” because of our short hairdos during those days) who had introduced me to Victory Christian Fellowship.

We were roommates and I always see her reading the Bible every single night and it amazed me.

Together with our friend Mary, we started attending the preaching in Robinson’s Galleria which is just a few minutes ride from our place (boarding house).

We were always on the “Magreresign na talaga ako” mode when we were still in GT (Globe Telecom) when we had started to attend.

For me, to be honest, I was looking for some meaning, I used to attend church but it seems like I do not “feel” it.

Then, there I was attending the preaching in Galleria even if I am alone.

Every moment there moved me and even made me cry.

Seeing your churchmates’ friendly faces and the Pastors’ “cool” way of delivering the messages from the Bible also encouraged me to be a part of it.

It was more of an enlightening experience.

Before I left for Doha, I had requested for a prayer and as always, He always answers our prayers – He never failed to do so.

And now that I’ve been away for almost 4 years, I am relying on the Pod Casts and I realized that maybe I could start writing about it too.

As a commitment, I shall try my best to post my reflections on the series here.

May God guide me on this task.

P.S.

My friend, Mary, had resigned from GT and is now working full time for VCF.

No comments:

Post a Comment