Thursday, October 21, 2010

Touch Down

After almost 8 hours of sitting on the plane, it’s time for Touch Down.

We could have landed 30 minutes earlier but since the weather is not good, we kept on rounding before we finally landed.

We have to fill up some forms for the Customs and Immigration.

I had waited for my bags for almost 30 minutes.

I had given all my strength on lifting them but thanks to my fellow Kuyas who had helped me.

There are banks inside so I had changed my US Dollars to Philippine Pesos from there.

I dropped by Duty Free again to grab more chocolates.

My cousin and my family picked me up.

We dropped by McDonalds to grab something to eat but I was shocked as the prices are almost tripled of what it used to be before I leave.

I had seen bunch of teen-agers who seemed to be celebrating a birthday and Wallah!

Now I can say things are not the same anymore. These kids are wearing make ups and are moving in a classier or sophisticated way.

Sigh.

After 2 hours, I was home finally.

Our house is still the same: the sofa that is older than me is still there; our dining table and the plastic trees are still around.

Our neighbor and cousins dropped by to say “Hi” and it was good to see that some things remained unchanged.

I was telling my cousin, Madz, that it seems like nothing had changed except for the sky-rocketing prices.

She said life is a little harder here nowadays and I had figured it out myself.

During my first day, I did not expect that I will spend that much.
Good thing I still have US Dollars left and some money still in my ATM.

Wheeeewww!

No comments:

Post a Comment