Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sterling??! Nope…It is STARLINK!

I am working in Telecoms and Media Distribution Company in Qatar as a Customer Care Supervisor.

I had been with the Call Centre Industry for almost seven years.

Globe Telecom, a telco in the Philippines, was my first employer where I had served more than three years before I moved to Qatar.

Dealing with customers is always challenging.

You’ll never know what kind of customer you’ll get on the other line.

I had met almost all types of customers, those who are from different “walks of life”, different levels of education and cultures as well.

Before, I dreamed of working in the normal 8am to 5pm job but now I can’t even see myself doing admin and papers works and the like.

I love the action.

I love the excited feeling and the blood rush that you get in the Call Centre.

Wink…Wink…

My company now may not be big like the one that I was with before, but as I always say, it is the “company” of friends that keeps you hanging on.

The joy of working with your friends is incomparable.

There maybe “Hell Days” wherein there are too much calls and difficult customers but we still manage to smile and find something funny to laugh at/about.

We would always do every time there’s a customer who had dialed the wrong number.

They are always calling us for Hamburger deliveries, French Fries and the like.

Why?

There is a chain of restaurants under the company name Sterling.

Whew!

Earlier, I was speaking to a very irate customer.

I had introduced myself as the Supervisor and he said he does not want to deal with me as he wants the Manager.

He wants to have an appointment to say all his dissatisfaction.

I was asking him politely (even if he was shouting on top of his voice) on what seems to be the problem and how can I help him.

He does not want to discuss any. He just said that he has a complaint in our branch in Al Markhiya.

I told him that we don’t have a branch in Al Markhiya.

When I had asked him if it’s regarding the Pay-TV subscription or Blackberry, he suddenly calmed down as if cold water was spilled on his face.

Finally, I got my chance to speak, “Am sorry Sir, you had called Starlink and not Sterling Restaurant”.

All his 5 minutes of blabbing and shouting was wasted as unfortunately, he got and dialled the wrong number.

No comments:

Post a Comment