Monday, January 4, 2010

V-Day Plans and Wedding Blues

After barely making the day yesterday, here I am crunched on the couch in the flat.

You know the girl’s thing that comes every month.

It was just recently when I had started feeling too much pain, Dysmenorrhea.

I used to have it but the pain now is excruciating.

I already planned to go to the hospital last night to get shots of the pain-killer, thanks God, it subsided after taking 2 tabs of Mefenamic Acid.

Then come 3 AM, I still can’t sleep, the pain had resumed and there I was up until 30 past 7 in the morning.

I got up at 3 in the afternoon, feeling soreness in every muscle.

Damn.

I hate being a girl.

Sigh.

During those moments, when I was suffering from pain, I was chatting with Mumu and Ate Barney, talking about stuffs.

Ate Barney, a friend and colleague, and I were talking over Blackberry Messenger about how her day had gone: she went out with friends, bought a dress for V-day and we were joking about our Horoscopes for the day. It said something about making the first move. We were joking about proposal lines since I will have to make the first move and we were laughing to death.

I told her, I will propose to him on Valentine’s Day and say:
Me: Mumu, will you marry me…
Mumu: Whhhaaatttt???!!?
Mumu: I am giving you options; will you marry me or marry me?
Hahaha!!!

After minutes of almost farting because of too much laughter, I was talking to Mumu about it.

A little serious conversation.

I was asking him when he plans to marry and the like.

He told me after 2 years and asked me when I would like.

I told him point blank: NOW.

He then added: I might make it 3.

I said, “2 Years is long enough and my eggs might be rotten by that time”.

He then replied that I am crazy.

I answered back with a very proud “YES I am” hahaha.

He then said “You know what? You can leave me now and go; I don’t like to be blamed for the rotten eggs”.

I said, “I don’t like; I have choices. I can leave you and go home after a month’s time, but I had chosen to stay and wait what will happen next”.

Sigh.

Maybe I am just pressured as almost everybody around me is getting married or had settled down already.

Married Girls No. 1a, 1b and 1c

Dianne, a best friend since High School, now happily married with a classmate as well, now has 2 kids.

Jheng, a good friend, now enjoys the company of her Sweety and Baby Julia.

Ate Khaty, whose married life I adored so much, has a pretty perfect and normal life: a lovely son who knows how to pose in front of the camera and a husband who seems like her boyfriend/bestfriend forever.

Getting Married No. 2


Ate Reyn, a cousin, another NBSB (No Boyfriend Since Birth), will be wed on 01/10/10 with her boyfriend of 2 years.

To Be Married Soon No. 3


Ceejh, a bestfriend as well, will get married in 2 years time with the love of her life, Mike.

Pressure…Pressure…

I know I will get married, if not now some other time anyways, so I have to wait patiently and pray that everything will be fine between me and Mumu.

Instead, I will just plan on how I can save enough and do something special on V-Day.

I am thinking of getting a new dress, place reservations for a romantic dinner and buy him the bracelet that I had found at Villaggio Mall.

Sigh.

Hopefully, everything will be fine…

For now, I will just stay in love and watch Wedding AVPs. Hehehe.

Ceejh and I used to watch Jason Magbanua’s Videos then would talk about our Big Day.

I am leaving you with one of my favorite videos by Jason, sorry I just have the link but take a quick look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxcyBK5oMQQ

Stay in love.

XoXo Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment