Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Of Sleepless Nights and Post-Birthday Realizations

***Reposting my blog from another site, waaahhh...am not getting any younger ;)

This week is a no-sleep-at-all week for me, as I can see.

I tried my best to go to sleep as early as I can but I found myself browsing the net for hours, changing the channel of the TV and fixing my clothes several times.

Sigh…

Now, at least I have a new thing to do...Write…

I have a new nest in the World Wide Web: Facebook.

Now, I can continue writing about my “adventures”, my plans (until now, they are just plans and most of them haven’t materialized YET), my misfortunes in life and the like.

Yes, I confess: I am a frustrated writer.

I remember those days when I squeezed my mind to write a “good” article for Young Blood – a column in a newspaper in the Philippines written by the “twenty-somethings” – but unfortunately I was not able to finish one and ended up collecting the book anyways.

That was what, about almost 10 years ago…

Whew…

Looking back, I can say that I had gone a little farther from what I had imagined (literally and figuratively).

I was able to move out and live on my own, earn for a living and live independently.

I was able to make decisions and most of them are what I can say life-changing.

As I was saying to a friend, I am feeling the same every time my birthday comes and the day after.

I have what I called Birthday Blues: I have thoughts of what had happened in my life for the last year and what’s going to happen next.

Sigh…

At least, I still have a birthday to celebrate.

I have so much to thank for and more things to look forward to…

I have found new friends and am in touch with the old ones still…

I have a Newly Found Love (ehem, I am hoping that he’ll feel lazy enough so that he’ll not come across this post)…

I have a great job that makes great things possible (Globe…hehe)…

I have a loving and supportive family way back home…

Am looking forward to travel the 1001 places to see before a person dies…

I want to learn how to cook “complicated” dishes…

I want to learn to speak foreign languages…

Read more books…

Gain more friends…

Have more adventures and get the most out of life…

Dream big and work on those dreams more…

Hopefully, I can do all of these…

I have other things still in my mind but I’ll reserve them for the next posts...

These sleepless nights made me a better person anyways: I was able to contemplate on bigger thoughts and not about trivial things in life per se.

The Birthday Blues made me realize that I have too much to be grateful for and aim for the next big things.

Sleepless nights are not bad at all… and so are the Birthday Blues…

No comments:

Post a Comment